A New Year's Realization

This new year brings me a new realization, forget the resolution!
I've been running consistently since 1999 and have enjoyed every mile! Then in 2002, I finally learned how to swim, and have enjoyed every lap of that! As consistent and dedicated as I have been to my exercise all these years, I've also been very stubborn at the same time refusing to do any resistance training, or anything different than running or swimming.
Beginning of this year, our whole family started a new exercise program. Well, let me tell ya, this exercise program has been a huge, huge eye opener for me and quite a shocker to my body! My body has been sore after every workout, even after three weeks into the program!
The new realization, as much as I love to run and swim, my body NEEDS more! I will never say goodbye to running or swimming, I will just be incorporating other types of activities in between! I'm looking forward to all the pains and gains my body is about to undergo these next few months.
Comments
Post a Comment