Shopping Bag Craze Days




I haven't gotten around to documenting my "Shopping Bag Craze Days"--better now than never, I guess...

Back in December, someone was in need of gift ideas for some folks that were coming into town. I volunteered to window shop for gift ideas. Well, my goodness, there are a lot of great things out there, in all price ranges, unfortunately most out of them were out of our range. My "I can make that for cheaper" mentality kicked in and off I went online to look for tutorials and found this awesome shopping bag using the current plastic grocery bags as the pattern.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.msg1837265#msg1837265

I made some for friends as Christmas gifts and an orange polka dot one for me as well! You too, can make it! The one pictured here (my latest and probably last for a while), took me under 2 hrs from start to finish. I made this one as a lunch bag for a friend, so it's much shorter and a little wider than your average plastic shopping bag.

For those of you who got one of my shopping bags, I hope that you're enjoying it and getting a lot of use out of it!

Comments