I will miss... (Part 3)
Craft Days have become a weekly event during my time here in Okinawa. Here is where we meet, eat, chat about our lives, and oh yeah, create! We meet every Tuesday and usually switch houses so we can give each other breaks from having to clean bathrooms or make lunch. Different projects are brought to the table--anywhere from magazine-flipping & ripping, to card making, to quilting and sewing, to just plain ol' sitting! A lot has been accomplished at our Craft Tuesdays, from the minute issues to world problems! Best of all, we have developed a great friendship that I will miss terribly...
This is Yukari--a beautiful woman, a wife, and a sewer. Yukari is a very kind and soft-spoken friend. Sometimes I wonder why she continues to hang out with us, because we're so loud and non-stop talking-talking all the time! Yukari loves anything Hawaii and sews anything Hawaii. She is currently working on a Hawaiian quilt that could take her up to 2 years to finish--it's all hand-sewn!
This is Beth--the best listener in the whole world, a mother, and an expert card maker! When I first met her at a Craft Day, she claimed to be a casual card maker, "You know, I'm all about simple--I'm not an expert!" Well, helllloooowwww, Beth has since bought a huge cabinet to store all her card-making goods! Not a crafter, my butt! Beth also makes just under 200 Christmas cards every year!
This is Monica--a former freedom-fighter, a wife, and the busiest body of the bunch, who also claimed to not have a "crafty" bone in her body! Monica created and finished a t-shirt quilt for her hubby for Christmas that took her under two months! She is currently building up her stamping arsenal. Because she works most of the time, she just comes to Craft Day to have lunch! Just kidding, she works, too, sometimes...
Since I'm leaving, our Craft Days have turned into shopping or eating days. This day, we went to (AGAIN!) our favorite restaurant Alib Aba, where they now know our orders before we even get there! Afterwards, we sat outside at Starbucks and just did what we do best, sit, laugh, talk, solve world problems, just like we do during Craft Days. Miss you guys already!
Comments
Post a Comment