
For our family, the best part of moving is driving to our final destination. In Brian's field of work, he will always, more likely end up at one of only 3 locations--Okinawa, Washington, or North Carolina. So the last three cross-country trip's routes has mostly remained the same. Drive from Washington to North Carolina, and vice versa. This time, we did things a little differently. We altered our route slightly by bypassing a little bit of the south, as much as we can anyways.

We started our journey in Washington state and drove through Idaho, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, a little bit of Texas (thank God!), Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and ending in North Carolina. We limited our driving days to no longer than 10 hours, typical was 8 hours. Actually, we broke the rule the first day, we drove 12 hours.

And when I say "we", I mean Brian. He is the driver extraordinaire! I don't know if he just doesn't trust my driving, or he just wants me to relax... I don't know, but the system sure works out great! I get my beauty sleep in during the day, and Brian gets a book read out loud to him while he's driving.

Some people think that sitting in a car for hours and hours on end, driving across this great and vast country of ours is just plain torture. Our family beg to differ. Look at these pictures of these beautiful country sides??!!! When we sit in the car for hours, we are forced to look out and take in the scenery. Go for a long drive, and I guarantee that there will be something beyond that car window that will force you stop and do some reflecting.
Comments
Post a Comment