Striving to be Timely

What I thought was going to be a BUST DAY turned out to be both a productive and rewarding one...

It started out last night when I checked the weather forecast--too darn hot for a long run, and too darn lazy to get up and get ahead of that hot weather.  Of course, in typical Paula fashion, I felt like a slug-o this morning with nothing else on the schedule for the day.

Also in true Paula fashion, I am running late on some of my greetings.  Alas!  With finally a "to do" for the day, I drag my pajama-ed self into my craft room and started working.  This is my first product of the day, idea taken from my Stampin' Up magazine and developed by me!  The original idea was just a small card the size of the small square you see here.  I simply added it on to a 4.25" x 5.5" card with a printed paper glued onto it.  So cute if I may say so myself!



Believe it or not, I do strive to be timely.  Somehow, as hard as I try, my success rate is not very high.  I don't know how that happens...  I guess LIFE just gets in the way.  But as I always say in my cards, our greetings may be late, but thoughts are always in our minds and hearts--in a timely manner!

So I started on my Mother's Day cards very early, end of March??  Today, realizing that Mother's Day is really just right around the corner, I finally sat down and figured out how many I needed.  Of course, I needed plenty more than what I have finished on hand.  My goal for today was to get them filled out, addressed, stamped, and ready to go in the mail!  Well, heck, I needed 6 more!  

I wanted to share this idea, which looks very similar to one or a few that I've already posted on my Facebook, but boy, are they FAST cards!  I pulled out my Big Shot machine, rolled away, and fronts were done in less than 5 minutes.  Stamped 6 "Happy Mother's Day"'s, punched them out, glued, taped--done in another probably 5-10.



What saved me a lot of time and cutting is this--printing out my note on the inside of the cards.  A lot of friends have asked how I do that.  If you already know what the front of the cards will look like, who the cards are going to, and you are MS Word savvy, then this is super simple!  Otherwise, I would've had to print my notes on a separate card stock, cut and glue some more.  This step made 6 cards complete in a snap.  Come over if you want me to teach you how.



...One Republic singing Secrets in the background. . . - - What I thought was going to be a BUST DAY turned out to be both a productive and rewarding one...  I finished an Easter card (a very late one) for some very special people that we love, and completed Mother's Day cards for our special friends and family who are MOTHERS!  I loved thinking about all of you today and hope that you enjoy our wishes that are coming your way!

Comments