bold and fresh


We got a very nice (early) phone call this morning from a dear friend letting us know that Niko is in the paper!  Thanks ChoCho!

Of course, like a good Momma and Poppa, we got right up and outta bed--okay well, an hour later and ran to the store to go get copies!  This is how crazy we are!  We have a grocery store not 2 miles away, but we HAD to go to the one that had a Starbucks in it, which is almost 8 miles away!!!  Needless to say, I think someone(s) was too lazy to go make coffee!  But, the goal was reached--newspapers in hand and 2 grande Pikes!

In other news, did you see that Starbucks will start selling wine, beer and "premium" foods.  Sounds like they've already been doing so in some Seattle and Portland stores.  They're expanding this concept at stores in Atlanta, Southern California and Chicago.  What do you think about that?  I think it's kinda FUN!!  Read about it here.

On a side note, when I was taking my photo this morning, I forgot to sample my white balance.  Here's what SOOC before and after looks like.  Never mind that the focus is a little different, just pay attention to the color!


If you don't already know how to do this, pull out your manuals people!  School yourself on how to sample white balance on your cameras.  It makes a HUGE difference! You can also make changes in Photoshop and such, but why do that?  Get as much right as you can straight out of the camera.  That's my thinking anyways.  There are lots of schools of thought out there. Find yours and stick with it!

Comments

  1. Do you take something along with you to white balance with or just try to find something on the go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually look for a something white if there's one around. If not, then I just suck it up. I need to buy a white card. You can buy them, or they also have lens caps that have a neutral card on one side. I'm just too cheap right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment