my hands are tied


After much, much thought last night and this morning, I just couldn't compose in my mind what I originally wanted to photograph.  Today's theme is BODY PARTS.

I thought it would be so fitting to photograph my angry calves as that's what they have been this last week!  I've been graciously invited by some friends to play Crossfit with them in the afternoons.  Wednesday's workout was the one that DID ME IN!  As a matter of fact, I've actually already put in a "I think I'm backing out today" text!  My calves, my shoulders, my arms, my whole core got a super good workout!  Unfortunately, my whole body's so spent that my brain can't even compose a body part shoot.  My whole body's letting me down today....  So sad!  But oh so good!  That just means that I'm going to re-charge today, and start a whole new schedule next week!

Sooooo, as far as photographing goes...  My hands were tied!  I was a little challenged for this shot because I couldn't really tie my own hands nor did I want to spend the time to set and reset my focus points, so I went auto focus and used my remote control, which is in my hands, by the way.  That was fun trying to squeeze the little button with my knuckles!

It's really cloudy this morning and there's really no light in my house for an indoor shoot.  Easy fix is to open your door!  I put my camera just right outside my back door on the porch.  I stood in the door frame and put on my white bath robe for the white background.  Believe it or not, the white robe acted as a reflector to the natural light outside.  You see the shadow lines?  I was too lazy to recompose so that there were no shadows, nor did I want to take the time to fix them in Photoshop.  So, you get shadowy lines, oh well!  After a little texturing in Photoshop, my photo for today is DONE!

Now let's unfurl these hands and get to work on other things today!  Happy Friday everyone!


Comments