One Everyday - - or at least I'll try...
Well, I failed miserably with my photo projects that I joined last year. One was this and the other was this. I was supposed to take pictures based on the assignments they suggest. One was a weekly commitment and the other was monthly. I did pretty well in the beginning but totally peetered out, depending on what was going on.
I never learn my lesson! I'm trying it again this year! After all, it's a brand-new year right? Well, I'm a few days behind, but who's counting? To make matters worse, this one is a daily commitment!!! What am I thinking?? I'm thinking that taking the pictures are easy. I always have my camera with me and always snapping at one thing or another on a daily basis. The challenge comes in the post processing stage and actually posting the picture on line.
Post processing, to me is almost more involved and more fun that taking the picture itself. There are so many options, it's hard to decide which looks good. I think they all look GREAT! This is what I'm going to have to really work on. I'm gonna try to take more BW shots, that way, post processing and decisions to make will be less. Of course as you'll see, I didn't take BW for my first two! I'm at a good start!
As for the actual posting, I will try to make them short and sweet. After all, the goal is to take the picture, little to no processing, and post DAILY!
Why am I doing it?
1. to look back and know my blessings
2. to document our year
3. and to hopefully become a better photographer
This was yesterday's photo, titled simple pleasure. Our drink of choice has been whiskey sours with fresh squeezed lemons and limes. We've ventured out and are trying something less on the sugary side. Introducing... the martini!
This was the day before's photo of the day, titled figure 8. We took some friends out to climb and shoot. I loved how I captured Brian showing them the Figure 8. He loves to dress those knots! I also love that we're getting up there in age, but are still able to climb and to top it off, share the love with our younger friends!
I WILL end with this, though- - I will do my best with what I have! So here we go...


I haven't climbed in so long...be still can't get rid of the loads of equipment we have...hope to get back to it someday. We kind of stopped when J's back started to hurt. You always take great pics Paula...wish I had your eye...I have a macro eye but that seems to be about it...LOL
ReplyDelete