change. slowly.

Change is hard - - I admit, especially when you've done the same thing day in and day out for the last 15 years!  

We are entering a brand new chapter in our lives.  Niko's getting ready to leave home for college in a few months.  I started working after taking care of the family and home for the last 15 years.  Big, big changes and lots of readjustment up ahead.

As hard as it's going to be to adjust, IT IS GOOD!  Change is what allows us to grow and become stronger human beings.  Without it, we'd be the same person doing the same ol' thing.  Not that I've had a boring 15 years,  there has been a lot of change and re-adjustments in those 15 years as well.  They have been both easy and challenging.  I would not be the person that I am today without all the trials and tribulations that I've gone through.  In hindsight, I am very thankful for my life and all it's challenges.

Which now brings me to my current challenge - - and it is to juggle work and being a housewife.  I don't want to sound like a whiner, but y'all gotta realize that I haven't worked outside of our home in 15 years!  The challenge comes in finding the balance between paid work and house work.  I did A LOT when I was home, and I did it with my perfectionist self.  Somewhere, I'm going to have to drop some things in exchange for some relaxation time.  For those of you who know me, that is going to be difficult!

Slowly, one step at a time, I, with the help of my family, I will get there!  I started today with making breakfast AND taking my daily picture!  Remember, baby steps...  



Let me share with you one of our favorite things to eat for breakfast.  It has a little bit of Filipino flair to it.  This meal consist of leftover rice, garlic, and eggs.  Don't ever throw away your leftover rice, even if it's been in the refrigerator.  Actually, the older the rice, the better - - as long as it hasn't gone bad.

Sinangag (garlic fried rice)
  • rice
  • garlic (I like pressed, you can slice)
  • vegetable or olive oil
  • eggs
There's really no measurements.  You're just gonna have to use your own judgement.  

If your rice has been in the fridge, take it out and sprinkle some water on it to rehydrate and separate it.  Set aside.  Saute garlic in oil.  Don't use too much oil.  Just enough to saute the garlic in, otherwise, your rice will be too oily.   After the garlic is cooked, toss in your rice.  Stir fry the rice until all is heated through.  Sprinkle with a little salt.  We top our sinangag with a fried egg or two.  Voila!  Breakfast!

Just keep in mind - - eat in moderation.  It's yummy and all, but keep your portion on the down low.  Remember, this meal is just to "break the fast" from last night's dinner.  Enjoy!


Comments

  1. I was thinking of trying Thai fried rice with quinoa instead one time just to see if it would work.

    Finding the balance is always the trick...I too, have to attempt this soon...seems like I won't have enough time in the day but I will probably have to give up a few things to make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try your Thai fried quinoa yet?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment