this is how we do it, baby!


Okay, folks!  This is how it's gonna happen this week!  After three whole weeks of me not cooking, and eating out or Brian cooking, I AM GOING TO COOK for my family!  I've felt horrible for not being able to provide for them these last few weeks.  I've been waaaaay too tired and have been plopping on the couch after work.  This week is the week that stops!

Brian and I already did our meal plan and grocery shopping yesterday.  Today, I prepped all the meat so that we can just sit back tomorrow (President's Day) in our jammies all day long!  This morning, Brian and I both as a team tackled the meatballs!  He pureed the onions as he hates crunching onions while I got the rest of the ingredients ready.  Mix, mush, squeeze away, and we have meatballs in the oven!  An hour later, they were done!  I threw the chickens next while we as a family did our Insanity workout.  Another hour later, DONE!  Then, I sauteed some ground beef in onions.  It would've had garlic in it, too, but I ran out.  Oh well.  It will still taste good regardless!

This is what all this meat is going to be used for:  Spaghetti and meatballs, Meatballs with salad, Taco Soup with the chicken, Chicken pot pie with the other chicken, and last Hove Casserole with the ground beef.  Recipes below in case you want to try (Okay, coming soon I mean!  Check back tomorrow!).  They're all fairly quick and easy, especially when you take some time to prep all the meat!  I'm so excited because I will still get some "lay down time on my couch" after work next week.

By the way, most of these dishes will make enough for a family of three to eat for two weeks--for those of you who don't mind repeat meals or leftovers.  We sure don't, especially when it translates to less cooking during the tiring weekdays!  Good luck!




Comments

  1. You are figuring it out!! How do you like Insanity? I know a few people that love it but I don't know much about it...my fish and veggie diet seems to keep the pounds off me but I need to add more workouts in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insanity is just that! It's INSANE! We're re-doing week 3 right now due to our messed up schedules. So far, the last three weeks have been short. Under an hour and we're done! But let me tell ya, you're working HARD during that little bit of time. Warm up's even a killer! I already see a difference in my middle, but that could be coupled with eating less due to work, too. You'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment