Pocahontas Goes for a Bike Ride
Well all that good eatin' sure prompted some good exercisin' this morning, maybe. For those of you who know me, know that bike riding is not my most favored suit. Strong suit? Maybe, if I worked on it, but riding my bike is definitely not my favorite.
What really prompted the ride this morning-- the yummy and healthful squash with quinoa, maybe it was my jealousy of Brian's 50-mile bike ride yesterday? Doubt it. Maybe it was just because my poor bike was lonely... Oh yeah, now that I think about it, it was because I really needed to get off the pavement for a little bit. Again, not my first choice, but what do you do? Here's how it went...
This is how infrequent I ride my bicycle... Every time I get on that thing, we have to re-acquaint ourselves all over again!
The first roundabout the neighborhood went like this, "Am I clicked in? Check. Which lever is it again that makes it easy to pedal? This one. No, this one. No, this ONE!" I did get it finally after the first go around.
Second roundabout, "Wow, look at everyone's beautiful garden. Ooooh, downhill. Better slow down! Aaaack, corner. SLOW DOWN SOME MORE!!!"
Third time was, like they say, it's like riding a bike. I was on there like it was just yesterday. I knew which lever I needed to click to make things harder and which lever to make things easier. One thing I do have down pat and never forget is my cadence. That's like breathing. I do about an 80-90 rpm and my legs never forget that.
All this new found confidence gave me the energy to squeeze out four and five more laps around our neighborhood for a total of 18 miles! Woooopeeeee! Can't wait to tell Brian! Doesn't nearly surpass his 50, but oh well. I know he'll be happy that I used my bike today!
________________________________________________________________________________
On a side note... It's always fun to look back and reminisce. Here's what we were up to a year ago- - May Day.


Good for you...I am trying to mix it up a bit too so I can stay motivated. I did Zumba on the Wii a couple of days ago for the first time and boy is that a great workout, and fun too!!
ReplyDeleteI can't see you doing ZUMBA! I'm too embarrassed to zumba, even by myself! Going for a bike ride again today. It's super cold this morning, like mid-40s. Lovin' it while it lasts, I think today only!
ReplyDelete