For Our Reading Pleasure...
Now that we have a better idea of our life schedule (so sad that it's taken a year!), Brian and I are back reading to each other again.
It all started when we were doing our cross-country drives from the west coast to the east. Whoever was driving, usually Brian, needed a little distraction other than the boring miles and miles of road ahead. The book I happen to be reading to Brian at the time was so good that I couldn't put it down, and Brian wanted to hear more! But, I needed a break from reading, so when he's not driving, he'd read to me. Thus the tradition began - - reading to each other...
It's one of many great ways to spend good quality time with each other. Last week, we woke up and couldn't wait to dive back into our book - - we grabbed our coffees, headed outside, rocked in our rocking chairs as we took turns reading a chapter. Honestly, I think it's a sign that we're getting OLD!!! Oh well, great way to grow old together!
It's Brian's turn to pick out a book. Here it is - - BORN TO RUN. You can read about it here. So far so good. We just finished my pick. We both weren't as happy about it as everyone else seems to be. I didn't like the ending and there was no build-up for what I feel happened so abruptly towards the end. I'm trying not to give anything away for those who haven't read it. For those who have, leave me a comment and we can discuss it!
Happy reading to all!
You two are such romantics! I LOVE reading aloud and being read to, but for some reason, CJ hates it- it annoys him! Isn't that so sad? Good thing I have my Doodlebookworm!! Miss you!
ReplyDelete